I do not belong in that category, but Seiko makes interesting watches which are worth considering or to at least give it some thoughts. This article on the works of the Kinetic and ‘Sping Drive Kinetic’ might get you interested in Seiko watches… just to name a few advantages over typical automatic winding watch movements (from the article):
– The Seiko Spring Drive offers 72 hours of power reserve, whereas most watches offer about 40 hours.
– Seiko Spring Drive winds 30% faster than a conventional movement.
– Spring Drive movements are accurate to about 1 second per day.
– No more jerky “ticking” motion – the second hand flows smoothly around the dial.
Photo by Jack Freedman
Latest posts by Robert-Jan Broer (see all)
- Most Popular Watches Of 2016 (on Chrono24) - Jan 20, 2017
- SIHH 2017 Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Pirelli – Automatic Skeleton - Jan 19, 2017
- SIHH 2017 – Richard Mille RM 50-03 McLAREN F1 (Live Pictures) - Jan 18, 2017