I do not belong in that category, but Seiko makes interesting watches which are worth considering or to at least give it some thoughts. This article on the works of the Kinetic and ‘Sping Drive Kinetic’ might get you interested in Seiko watches… just to name a few advantages over typical automatic winding watch movements (from the article):
– The Seiko Spring Drive offers 72 hours of power reserve, whereas most watches offer about 40 hours.
– Seiko Spring Drive winds 30% faster than a conventional movement.
– Spring Drive movements are accurate to about 1 second per day.
– No more jerky “ticking” motion – the second hand flows smoothly around the dial.
Photo by Jack Freedman
Latest posts by Robert-Jan Broer (see all)
- Les Noble Watch Roll – You Can’t Go Without A Watch Roll - Oct 21, 2016
- Omega Seamaster 300 in the L’Odyssée Movie - Oct 20, 2016
- Rolex GMT-Master History And Overview Of All Major References - Oct 19, 2016