Linde Werdelin introduces their sixth Oktopus family member to the World: Oktopus Moon Carbon! Right after the Oktopus BluMoon introduction, Linde Werdelin is proud to tell us about this carbon family member.
Oktopus Moon Carbon
The Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Carbon and Oktopus BluMoon are similar in dimensions, movement, functionality and so on. The biggest differences lies in the use of the material. Where the BluMoon uses Grade 5 titanium with both polished and brushed facets, the Oktopus Moon Carbon uses, well, carbon.
Although the use of carbon isn’t exactly new to the watch industry, Linde Werdelin notes that their Oktopus Moon Carbon uses a breakthrough material, developed with 3DTP™ technology, for its outercase to produce the desired case finishing.
3DTP™ – or 3-Dimensional Thin Ply – has been conceived from the heart of the Swiss Jura over a number of years. It is in a uniquely enviable position of merging material design with the art of watchmaking.
“This is the very first time a carbon material has been formulated to produce the desired esthetics for our Oktopus Moon Carbon case,“ says Jorn Werdelin, co-founder and guiding spirit of Linde Werdelin. Unlike conventional carbon materials developed for industrial purposes (such as those for nautical, automotive, and aerospace manufacturing,) the stringent tolerance in high craftsmanship of watchmaking demands absolute precision in the surface finishing.
According to Linde Werdelin, more than two years of research and development has gone in to perfect the challenging technique of compressing carbon fibres into shape for the Oktopus Moon Carbon. It then takes another lengthy handcrafting process to arrive at a sculpted watchcase that is accentuated by its finely striped facets with a delicate sheen.
Oktopus Moon Carbon Technical Specifications
- Sculpted multi-layered carbon
- Sapphire crystal, antireflective on the inside
- Crown: solid 18k rose gold; rough circular satin, engraved with an octopus motif
- Case dimension: 44mm x 46mm x 15mm
- Ceramic black, satin on top surface, polished facet, microbillé in grooves
- Titanium screws, circular satin finish on top and black tension discs
- Bespoke LW calibre with in-house moon phase complication
- Frequency: 28,800vph (4 Hz)
- Jewels: 23
- Power reserve: 44 hours
- Titanium DLC, engraved with a new octopus drawing
- Limited edition number laser engraved from 1 to 59
- Water resistant to 300M
- Dark chocolate premium natural rubber strap
- Ardillon pin buckle
- 5 layer skeletonised dial
- Top dial in 3 layers in house-blend brown colour
- Dial plate in circular Côte de Genève finish
- Large numerals, 3, 9, 12, in rose gold Luminova
- Réhaut and top layer: house-blend brown colour, circular satin finish
- Hands in rose gold and satin finish, with cool grey Luminova
- Cool grey hour and minute indexes
- Logo, logotype, small numbers printed in rose gold
- Moonphase, circular perlage surface on rose gold moon disc
- Luminova photorealistic moons with red full moon indicator
CHF 19,000 ex VAT / USD 19,700 ex VAT / EUR 15,900 ex VAT / GBP 12,500 ex VAT
For more information, please visit the Oktopus Moon Carbon page: http://LindeWerdelin.com/shop/oktopus/Oktopus-Moon-Carbon
Latest posts by Robert-Jan Broer (see all)
- Patek Philippe Nautilus Versus Audemars Piguet Royal Oak - Sep 28, 2016
- Victorinox INOX Review – When Durability Is Important To You - Sep 28, 2016
- Speedy Tuesday – Omega Speedmaster Buying Guide - Sep 27, 2016