Fratello is one of the most-read online watch magazines in the world and we continue to grow quickly. Join our team of watch enthusiasts, focused on creating original and opinionated content. We produce video content, podcasts, social media content, and of course, articles for our magazine. Our headquarters are in The Hague, The Netherlands. However, most of our editorial team members live all over Europe. Our team stays in close contact using virtual solutions but also meets up in person several times a year. You will be on top of the luxury watch industry, with unique insights and access to the finest watches and watch brands in the world.
Fratello is hiring! We’re looking for a Copy-Editor to proof every piece of written content we publish on Fratello. We currently publish 21 articles per week with an average word count of ca. 1,000 words per article.
For this role, you needn’t be local to The Hague. We’re happy to work with an experienced Copy-Editor wherever we may find them. What is important to us is accuracy, consistency, and enthusiasm. Experience in the luxury watch industry is not essential, but a proven track record of copy-editing excellence is. Fratello is not just an established voice within the watch industry; we are also growing quickly. We want you to be a part of it and to make sure that everything read on Fratello is as precise as can be. If you feel like you fit the bill, and think editing watch-focused copy is something that would excite you, drop us an email with your CV.
- Comfortable working from home.
- Native English speaker.
- At least three years experience as a Copy-Editor for a professional publication.
- Understanding of CMS (we use WordPress).
- Proofreading and editing:
- You will work from a style guide (and have the opportunity to develop it further yourself).
- Every piece of content Fratello publishes will go through you before going live.
- Communicating with our team of in-house and freelance contributors regarding their performance and helping them grow as writers (while adhering to the agreed-upon style guide) is essential.
- Ensuring that Fratello’s copy is the most accurate, readable, and accomplished in the industry.
- It is important you have a strong authorial voice of your own and are able to rewrite entire passages for clarity and stylistic consistency where necessary. The content will have your stamp on it, and it needs to be exceptional.
- Highly professional, diligent, and direct.
- An interest in the watch industry and/or luxury products is helpful as there will be many industry-specific terms to learn (we can, however, help you with this)
- A broad knowledge of current affairs and pop/sporting culture would be useful.
- A natural educator who can deliver criticism to writers in a calm and sympathetic manner.
Become part of our team
Please send your resumé and cover letter (in English) to Rob @ [email protected]
We will get back to you as soon as possible. Info about Fratello, employee testimonials, employee benefits, and our hiring process can be found on our careers page.