Fratello is one of the most-read online watch magazines in the world and we continue to grow quickly. Join our team of watch enthusiasts, focused on creating original and opinionated content. We produce video content, podcasts, social media content, and of course, articles for our magazine. Our headquarters are in The Hague, The Netherlands. However, most of our editorial team members live all over Europe. Our team stays in close contact using virtual solutions but also meets up in person several times a year. You will be on top of the luxury watch industry, with unique insights and access to the finest watches and watch brands in the world.
We’re looking for a full-time Staff Writer local to our Head Office in The Hague. You will be an integral part of the team, frequently working from our office and accompanying your colleagues on trips to brands and events. You will be assigned ca. 5,000 words of copy per week (on average), and expected to be a strong deadline performer.
Experience in the luxury watch industry is not essential, but being confident in your voice and ideas is! We want to bring together the best minds and greatest talents available to us. If you feel like you fit the bill, and think writing about watches full-time is something that would excite you, drop us an email with your CV (contact details below).
- Dutch-based. You will be able to work from home but also in our HQ in The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Profound English knowledge is a must. Other languages are a plus.
- Previous writing experience preferred.
- Project Management skills/experience.
- Understanding of CMS (we use WordPress), Google Analytics, and SEO.
- Photographic competency preferred.
- The ability to write informative, engaging, and accurate copy to close deadlines.
- You love watches (but you don’t have to know everything about them — that will come).
- Your prime responsibility will be to produce ca. 5,000 words of content per week (multiple articles).
- You need to deliver articles according to our content schedule but are also welcome to help us shape it.
- You come up with creative ideas regarding what to cover in the industry and how to create engaging articles.
- Photographs will be provided for you (edited) so you can focus on the words.
- Be an active member of the team across all platforms and be comfortable taking on a reader-facing role — e.g. on our social media profiles and in videos.
- Communicate with watch brands and PR agencies where necessary.
- Friendly, compassionate, patient, and focused.
- Good sense of humor (you will need it).
- An interest in the watch industry and/or (luxury) watches.
- Broad knowledge of current affairs and pop/sporting culture.
- Flexible team player who does not lose track of the overall goals.
- Doesn’t mind awful coffee (our hot chocolate is pretty good though).
Become part of our team
Please send your resumé and cover letter (in English) to Rob @ [email protected]
We will get back to you as soon as possible. Info about Fratello, employee testimonials, employee benefits, and our hiring process can be found on our careers page.