Fratello On Air: Balazs & Mike Talk Zenith
Fratello On Air is here with Balazs and Mike. This week, vintage Zenith is in focus as the duo roll through their favorite models out of Le Locle. You’ll be surprised with this list because the El Primero doesn’t factor so heavily.
Zenith dates way back to 1865 with its founding in Le Locle, Switzerland. While we won’t go back that far at all, we will look backward at some of our favorite models. Of course, Zenith makes some fantastic new models (ooh, we love that Chronomaster Original!), but bring two vintage nerds together and vintage is what you get!
As always, Balazs and Mike kick off with a Handgelenks Kontrolle. Balazs is sporting his Casio G-Shock GW-B5600 with Bluetooth. Mike is wearing his vintage Technos Sky Diver on a bracelet.
As mentioned, there’s more to Zenith than just the El Primero, and there are some proper surprises here. In fact, there are watches that one of our hosts had seen for the very first time. We discuss:
- S.58 Diver made from 1958 to 1968
- A3736 Super Sub Sea Chronograph Diver from the early ’70s
- A3635 Super Sub Sea Diver, a big 40mm piece that pairs with the chronograph above
- Time Command Futur, an incredible ’70s quartz watch with an analog dial and LED display showing the seconds
- A386 El Primero because it’s one of the most iconic chronographs of all time. We reference the site alphahands.com with its amazing research.
- Defy Surf Quartz, a ’70s piece that’s highly on point these days with its integrated bracelet
As always, thanks for tuning in and we look forward to “chatting” with you next week!