Omega was founded in 1848 by Louis Brandt in la Chaux-de-Fonds. It wasn’t until 1903 that Omega was first used in the new company name Louis Brandt et Frère – Omega Watch & Co. This was due to the succes of their revolutionary manufacturing and their Omega watch line which became a brand on its own. It wasn’t until 1982 that the name was officially changed to Omega SA. Already in the early 1900’s they had around 800 employees creating 240.000 watches annually. After the founder passed away the next generation took over and continued the succes. In 1930 they became part of the SIHH group together with Tissot and Lemania joined shortly after. By 1970 they were the biggest producer of watches in Switzerland. Due to the quartz crisis things changed and in the early 80’s and name changes the companies became part of the SMH and Swatch group finally in 1983.