Win My Oris Diver 65 Movember Edition!
Chris Mann, founder of Time4A Pint is giving you the opportunity to win his Oris Diver 65 Movember Edition. In this article, Chris will explain about Movember and how you can support this great cause (and win a watch). Without further ado.
Like my Oris Diver 65 Movember Edition? Want the chance to win it? Grab a ticket for the Time 4A Pint Movember 2019 raffle, and you just might!
What’s the Story?
In 2017, during a visit to the Nomad Barbershop, in London, I got roped into an Oris endorsed shave off for Movember – where the prize for the Mo Bro who raised the most cash, was a freshly launched, Oris Diver 65 Movember edition of their very own.
Thanks to the wonderful attendees of Time 4A Pint, and the lovely listeners of the Time 4A Pint podcast my ridiculous moustache drew in more than £2,200 of donations, putting me at the top of the Oris shave off group, and this handsome retro-styled diver on my wrist.
Two years on, and as cool as the Oris Diver 65 Movember Edition is, it’s just not getting any wear – so it’s time to find it a new home.
As I won the watch by raising money and awareness for Movember in 2017, the right way to put it on a new wrist, is by doing more of the same – and helping the Movember Foundation in their quest to stop men dying too young.
What is Movember?
● Movember is the leading charity dedicated to changing the face of men’s health around the world.
● Our fathers, partners, brothers and friends are facing a health crisis that isn’t being talked about.
● They want men to take action to live happier, healthier, longer lives
● They do this by investing in these critical areas: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
Why’s Time 4A Pint Raising Money For Movember?
The more people I meet, and the more people I talk to, the more I’ve come to understand how many of us are affected by mental health issues. And by how many of us have a day, a week, a month, a year, or longer, where we don’t feel ok.
● Depression is not a gender-specific issue, but suicide is pretty much the biggest killer of men aged 15-49 in the UK.
● 3 out of 4 suicides are men.
● 12 men a day take their own lives.
● In the UK alone, 4,300 men die by suicide every year.
This is not ok.
But fear not, there are some very simple things we can do to support each other, and make a positive change.
● Understand that it’s OK to not be OK. Take action by opening up, because talking saves lives.
● Asking is the first step in being there for the men in your life. Some simple steps to remember are: Ask, Listen, Encourage Action, Check-in (ALEC).
● Spend time with your mates (come to Time 4A Pint!), it’s good for you.
● Social connections are a protective factor against depression, anxiety, and even suicide.
● Keep an eye on men who are going through the big life stuff, if you think someone’s not doing too good, reach out to them.
I want to be part of the change that helps stop men dying too young – and I’d like you to join me.
How Can You Get Involved?
Do all of the things above to support the men in your life. And if you’re struggling, please, please, please, talk. Talk to me. Talk to your mates. Talk to your parents. Talk to a councilor. Talk to your colleagues. Please just talk.
Buy a raffle ticket. Or even better, buy more than one raffle ticket!
There are 500 in total. The more tickets you buy, the better the odds of my watch, becoming your watch!
Where’s the Money Going?
My goal is to raise £5,000 for Movember in 2019. To achieve this, cover transaction fees, and the cost of shipping the watch to the winner, tickets are priced at £12.50 each. £10 from each ticket sold goes directly to Movember.
£2.50 from each ticket sold goes to cover the transaction fees and shipping costs. After these costs, any remaining balance will also go to Movember. Hopefully making the total donation to Movember more than £5,000. I will not retain any money from this raffle, and the full accounts will be made available for anyone who wants to give them a going over.
What Will the Winner Receive?
My personal Oris Diver 65 Movember Edition (Ref. No. 01 733 7707 4084, Ø 40.00 mm), that I have owned since December 2017, and worn approximately 20 times. It comes complete with lightly used Oris Movember leather watch strap with Oris Buckle, brand new Oris Movember NATO strap, Oris spring bar tool, boxes, manuals, and papers. The original recommended retail price of this watch was £1,800 including VAT.
Who’s Running the Raffle?
Hello. That would be me – Chris Mann. The host of Time 4A Pint, and the Time 4A Pint Podcast.
When Will the Raffle be Drawn?
When all of the tickets are sold, or on November 20th – whichever comes first. Ticket holders will be notified by email if the draw date is moved forward.
How Will the Raffle be Drawn?
Tickets are numbered 1-500. A winning ticket number will be picked using the random number generator at random.org
How Will the Winner be Announced?
The winner will be notified personally by email. A public announcement will be made at the same time to everyone who bought a raffle ticket, and on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
When Will the Winner Receive Their Watch?
The watch will be well packaged and shipped fully tracked, signed for, and insured within two business days of the raffle being drawn.
Drop me a line through the Time4 A Pint contact form, and I’ll come back to you as soon as possible.