Fratello On Air: Six Divers Under €1,000 That Are Ready For Summer
Fratello On Air returns with a look at six divers under €1,000 each. We could do this episode any time, but summer is the perfect time due to casual wear and loads of water-related activities. We’ve picked a fairly wide range of pieces from a wide array of countries. If rotating bezels are your thing, sit back and listen!
So, you don’t dive? Well, neither of us does either, but we do spend a fair amount of time in the water during the summer months. And hey, maybe one of us will dust off the snorkeling gear at some point. Regardless of actually strapping on a tank, divers have become a go-to practical watch for just about any activity these days, and that includes simply acting as a good watch. We’ve come together to name six divers that truly range in price, but all come in below €1,000. We hope you enjoy it!
For those of you who don’t love blathering, we’re fairly light on the small talk this week and get right into the divers. Well, almost. Before the Handgelenks Kontrolle, Balazs discusses his profound admiration for the Tissot PRX. We think this would make a great summer watch because it pairs so well with some shorts and a rolled-up linen shirt. Balazs then talks about wearing his Doxa SUB 300T Sharkhunter, a watch that made the trip with him to his hometown in Hungary. Mike is sporting the newly released Aquastar Model 60, a 37mm skin diver that wears really well. He also discusses bringing the Tudor Black Bay 58 Silver and the Synchron Military Poseidon on a recent trip to Italy, a foray filled with pool and ocean activities.
Six divers under €1,000 for summer
We’re ready for the main topic and that means choosing six divers that all sell for below €1,000. Let us know what you think of these choices:
- Certina DS Action Diver, a €975 43mm PVD-coated stealth watch that we loved during our recent visit to Swatch Group in Germany.
- Yema Pearldiver, a €799 retro-styled diver with a thick Hesalite crystal and in-house automatic movement.
- Nivada Grenchen Antarctic-Diver, a brand-new €815 retro diver with a Cyclops!
- Seiko Prospex Solar Diver SNE573, this €499 watch has a no-fuss solar heartbeat, a great footprint, and is only 10.6mm thick.
- Baltic Aquascaphe Titanium Blue, for €849, is a classic diver with a comfortable and lightweight case.
- Citizen Promaster Mechanical Diver, for roughly €579, was a long time coming for the big brand, and it also brings a titanium case.
We hope you enjoyed today’s episode, and thank you for listening. If you have thoughts on future episode topics, please feel free to let us know!