Fratello On Air: Balazs And Mike Talk Certina
Fratello On Air is here with another vintage-focused episode. This time, we talk about our favorite models from Certina. If you enjoyed our previous episode on Tissot, this will be right up your alley.
Before Balazs and Mike get to the heart of the matter, there is some news related to current events. Then, it’s time to move on to what has become a tradition — the Handgelenks Kontrolle.
Neither Mike nor Balazs chose a Certina for today’s episode, but hopefully, you’ll enjoy these choices just the same. For Balazs, he’s wearing his hi-beat Grand Seiko 5640, a lovely example with both a day and date wheel. Mike is wearing his newly arrived Citizen Homer HO140501 from 1964.
It’s time to move on to the main topic: Certina. After a bit of history, six great models receive a mention.
- ’70s Argonaut chronographs with their column-wheel Valjoux movements
- ’50s and ’60s DS 5601-013 and 113 with their incredible lume-laden dials
- Biorhythm — a funky watch that belongs in Tomas’s collection
- ’60s DS and DS PH200M 346.825 with their amazing dials
- EA split-seconds chronograph — a proper vintage gem
- 1968 DS-2 Super PH500M — a diver used in the Tektite studies
As always, thanks so much for tuning in, and feel free to send us topics you’d like us to cover!