Today, A. Lange & Söhne has 17 boutiques in worldwide. Their very first mono brand boutique was opened in September 2007, in Dresden. The boutique is directly adjacent to the Frauenkirche, a beautiful church in Dresden. This church was fully restored in 2005, a project that started in 1994.
The Frauenkirche in Dresden was originally build between 1726 and 1743, designed by architect Georg Bähr (1666-1738). During World War II, the Frauenkirche was destroyed on February 13th and 14th 1945. The beautiful dome (“Steinerne Glocke”) held until the pillars couldn’t resist the heat anymore (1000 degrees celsius turned them glowing red) and on February 15th, at 10:00 in the morning, and everything crushed on the massive stone floors of the church. These were complete destroyed as well by the weight over over 6.000.000KGs of stones that came down. During the GDR (East Germany “DDR”) time, the ruins were kept as a reminder. Until 1994, after Germany was reunited, the restoration began. A project that took till October 30th 2005. The current Frauenkirche is rebuild with about 1/3rd of the original stones.
It is at this historic place, where A. Lange & Söhne opened their boutique in 2007. To celebrate these 10 years, they introduce to you the A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Boutique special edition. Limited to only 10 pieces in white gold and 10 pieces in pink gold.
The A. Lange & Söhne 1815 doesn’t need much introduction, but in short: it refers to the birth year of the company’s founder Ferdinand A. Lange. Style elements of their pocket watches can be found in the design of the 1815, blued hands, Arabic numerals and minute track.
For this special occasion and 10th anniversary, A. Lange & Söhne put a very special case back on this watch. It features an engraved hinged cover in white gold. Just like the pocket watches had, this dust cover can be opened to have a look at the beautifully finished hand-wound movement caliber L051.1. This way, the wearer can enjoy the beautiful engraved three-quarter plate made of German silver, the gold chatons and hand-engraved balance cock. On the dust cover itself, a stunning freehand engraving of the Dresden Frauenkirche.
Both watches come with an alligator strap with a gold (white or pink) buckle. The pink gold version has reference 235.043 and the white gold has reference 235.047.
Price of this watch is 29.900 Euro.
More information via A. Lange & Söhne on-line.
Ever since he was a young child, Robert-Jan was drawn to watches, even though it were digital Casio and quartz Swatch models at the time. In the mid-1990s, his interest increased when he started to read about mechanical watches in... read more