Every November, the Movember Foundation (founded in 2003) encourages men to grow their moustaches to raise money in support of 1200 health projects world wide. The Movember Foundation’s mission is to help men live happier, healthier and longer, and raise awareness (and funds) for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention. Oris announces their partnership with the Movember Foundation and introduce to you the Oris Movember Edition. A special edition timepiece that is based on the iconic Divers Sixty-Five that we’ve praised here many times. Part of the sales will go to the Movember Foundation.
Oris Movember Edition
The Oris Movember Edition has the original 1960’s Oris shield logo engraved on the case back, with the Movember Moustache logo. Besides that, you will find that the dial is a bit different from the regular Oris Divers Sixty-Five watches. The dial of the watch has applied indexes, framed with rose gold (plated). The logo and printing on the dial is also done in this gold tone. The hands have the same rose gold color as the indexes.
The Oris Movember Edition comes in a special heritage box. In the box, you will find a tricolor NATO strap and a changing tool. The Oris Movember Edition watch itself is fitted on a brown leather strap. The leather strap also has the Movember Moustache logo at the ends.
November Movember, Oris will host a number of events in Europe, including shave-downs, poetry slams, walks and an auction of one of the Oris Movember edition watches. Make sure to follow Oris’ social media channels and search for the #ORISMOVEMBER and #ORISCHANGEFORTHEBETTER tags on Instagram.
‘We have been following Movember’s activities for a number of years and have been hugely impressed with everything they’ve achieved, raising the profile of men’s health issues around the world,’ said Oris Chairman Ulrich W. Herzog. ‘It’s a great privilege to work with them as part of our Change for the Better campaign, and to present the Oris Movember Edition. We look forward to raising significant funds to support their activities through sales of the watch.’
The Movember Foundation’s CEO, Owen Sharp said: ‘This is a really exciting partnership for us and we’re extremely grateful to Oris for all the support of this year’s Movember campaign. The Movember Edition is a great piece of design and we’re very proud to see the iconic Movember Moustache on the watch. The collaboration will help us continue our work in funding vital research and support programmes impacting men’s health all over the world.’
Aside from the wonderful project that Oris is supporting with this Oris Movember Edition and their events, it is also just a very pretty looking watch. We reviewed the Oris Divers Sixty-Five a couple of times, please find it here and here for example.
Oris Movember Edition Specifications
Ref. No. 01 733 7707 4084, Ø 40.00 mm
- Automatic movement Oris Cal. 733, based on Sellita SW 200-1, with date at 6 o’clock
- Multi-piece stainless steel case and screw-in crown. Water-resistant to 10 bar/100 m
- Diver’s uni-directional rotating bezel with black aluminium inlay with 60-minute timer and zero marker filled with Super-LumiNova®
- Bubble-curved sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
- Screwed stainless steel case back with engraved Oris shield framed by ‘Oris Movember Edition’ and Movember Moustache
- Black, curved dial with rose gold-plated applied indices filled with Super-LumiNova®. Rose gold-plated hour and minute hands filled with Super-LumiNova®. Rose gold-plated seconds hand with ‘lollipop’ insert filled with Super-LumiNova®
- Brown leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle and heat-stamped Movember logo
- Presented in a special heritage box with additional tricolour Bordeaux red, beige and dark brown NATO textile strap with stainless steel pin buckle, stainless steel loop showing Movember logo and strap changing tool
- Swiss retail price CHF 2,100 / 1950 EUR.
More information, visit Oris on-line.