..it’s an IWC, and I don’t like IWC. Their attitude towards complaining customers on their company forum is embarrassing. Furthermore, the design of most IWC’s is too sterile for me. Like Audi cars. I bet a lot of IWC fans drive Audi cars 🙂
However, the Ingenieur is an exception to this feeling. I saw and handled one today in Gerard’s shop. An IWC Ingenieur ref. IW2337. A thick and solid watch, and one of the view watches I really like for having an integrated bracelet (as the AP Royal Oak and VC Overseas).
Horloge Platform Nederland is selling this one New In Box (NIB) for 4640 Euro. If I had the money, and no problems with IWC’s attitude, I would probably left the store today with a new watch.
Photo by Horloge Platform Nederland.
Some specifications (from their website):
IWC Caliber 80110
– Vibrations: 28 800/h / 4 Hz
– Jewels: 28
– Power-reserve: 44 h
– Automatic movement with Pellaton winding system
– Integrated shock-absorbing system
– Date display with crown-activated rapid calendar advance
– Hour and minute hands
– Central seconds hand with stop function
– Soft-iron inner case for protection against magnetic fields of up to 80,000 A/m
– Screw-in back
– Screw-in crown
– Luminous elements of hands and indices
– IWC metal bracelet system with folding clasp
– Sapphire glass coated on both sides
– Water-resistant to 120 m