A sapphire setting for the record-breaking movement
While the original design of the MP-05 “LaFerrari” was created to show off the beauty of its movement, its alter ego – with its case carved out of sapphire – is a movement which appears to be literally suspended in mid-air. All the details of this record-breaking movement can be admired from all angles. With the MP-05 “LaFerrari” Sapphire, Hublot takes us into a supernatural world. A material presence which is almost intangible.
The story behind the myth
Unveiled in 2013, the MP-05 “LaFerrari”, created as a tribute to the eponymous supercar, showcased its unique and ultra-complex architecture. The lines of the MP-05 LaFerrari are the result of close collaboration between the designers and watchmakers working on the Hublot movement and Senior Vice President of Ferrari Design, Flavio Manzoni. The movement itself was fully designed, developed and produced by the Hublot Manufacture engineers and watchmakers. A record-breaking technical feat. Its tourbillon boasts an impressive 50-day power reserve – thanks to its 11 series-coupled barrels set in a spine formation down the centre of the watch. Its movement broke the record for the highest number of components for a Hublot movement to date – 637 in all. Boasting a futuristic design, the construction showed off the bold shape of its movement, even in its original version.
On September 7th, in Los Angeles, the cinema city, a perfect location for the pre-release of the “MP-05 LaFerrari movie – A tribute to the FXX K”. Hublot invited its clients to enter the heart of the Miracle Mile. Hublot presented its first animated film. A world premiere that presents Hublot as world leaders, with special effects that are worthy of Hollywood’s top blockbusters, and starring a supercar, the Ferrari FXX K, and a superwatch, the MP-05 “LaFerrari” Sapphire. Thanks to the virtuosity of Digital Domain, its historic record (power reserve of 50 days) has now been immortalised on film. The whole FXX K environment has been reconstituted with special computer effects. All the images have been animated by a real-life driver at the steering wheel, and the technical features of the car have been configured to provide the most realistic driving experience possible.
MP-05 “LaFerrari” Sapphire
WATCH TECHNICAL DETAILS
- Reference 905.JX.0001.RT – Limited to 20 pieces
- Case Polished sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Case-back Polished sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Hour and minute indicated by transparent cylinders on the right side,
- Power reserve indicated by transparent cylinders on the left side,
- Suspended vertical Tourbillon,
- Ergonomic time-setting system under the case middle (wrist side),
- Invisible manual winding,
- 11 series-coupled barrels
- Water resistance 3 ATM or 30M
- Strap Transparent smooth strap
- Buckle Polished sapphire crystal and microblasted black-plated Titanium deployant buckle
Latest posts by Promotion (see all)
- Formex TS 3100 Limited Edition - Oct 24, 2016
- Blancpain: Particularities of Blancpain’s tourbillon - Oct 20, 2016
- 1919 Chronotimer: Passion for Racing and Pure Performance - Oct 17, 2016